vs.net creates doctype wrong?

Ian

Hi there,

I have been playing around with DIV TAGS in dreamweaver and just created a
webpage in VS which I was going to edit later in Dreamweaver..

Once i attached all my divs and css etc, the css positioning wasn't working
but I fixed it

it was this line ... it needs to be this

rather than the default that VS.net puts in which is

How bizzare!, anyway anybody know how to force VS.net to use the correct
doctype when it creates new documents??

I do I just copy it wrong dreamweaver all the time?

Thanks in advance

Ian

Robert Gaut

Ian,

Actually, VS.NET is using a correct doctype - 4.0 Transitional in "quirks"
mode. Unfortuantely, we'll have to wait for Whidbey (VS.NET 2005) before we
can get XHTML output from ASP.NET server controls. Currently, VS.NET is
supplying the best doctype for the markup the server controls output.

Now... If you really want to change the template for the WebForm (or create
your own custom template) so that it always has the doctype you want, check
out the templates in the installation directory for VS.NET (C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003\Vb7\VBWizards\WebForm\Templates\1033). You might also hit Google and
search for "vs.net webform template"; there are several articles on how to
change and/or create templates.

I hope this helps!
Robert Gaut

Ian

Great thanks for the answer,

No probs... at the moment I can enter in manually or use your suggestion, I
just thought they might have been another way I was overlooking..

Thanks again

Ian