web app. problem

Joined
Aug 17, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi all,
I'vw written an asp.net web application that works just fine on my personal machine but when i moved it to the server folder there is this exception i'm getting while using export method of an OWC11 object.

there are 2 things i don't really understand,
1. why do i get this exception on the server and not on my personal machine ?
2. in the Exception details, the error pointing the page located on my machine
(when the application running on the server..) i don't know why the server points to the page located on my machine. (notice that it direct me to "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\qsc\webform1.aspx.cs" which this path located on my machine)

Thanks,
P.

code caused the error: (the export method)
OWC11.SpreadsheetClass xlsheet = new OWC11.SpreadsheetClass();
string path = Server.MapPath(".")+"\\"+ "query.xls";
xlsheet.Export( path, o1, o2);

Exception:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xE004002A): Exception from HRESULT: 0xE004002A. at OWC11.SpreadsheetClass.Export(String Filename, SheetExportActionEnum Action, SheetExportFormat Format) at qsc.WebForm1.Button2_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\qsc\webform1.aspx.cs:line 1123