web.config Configuration Error when deploy

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Xu ChunMing, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Xu ChunMing

    Xu ChunMing Guest

    Hi,
    I develop a Asp.net application using VS.NET
    and It work well on my computer .

    but when I deploy the application to another IIS runming manching .
    I just copy the whole folder of the application including bin subfolder to
    aother machine .

    When I access it via Internet Explorer ,the following error happend.

    Does any one have some idea about it ?
    Any assistant will be greately appreciated!

    Thanks!

    Server Error in '/tunnel' Application.

    Configuration Error

    in IIS.

    Source Error:

    Line 36: "Passport" and "None"
    Line 37: -->
    Line 38: <authentication mode="Windows" />
    Line 39:
    Line 40: <!-- APPLICATION-LEVEL TRACE LOGGING

    Source File: C:\TunnelingTest\AspProxy\web.config Line: 38

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.0.3705.288; ASP.NET
    Version:1.0.3705.288

    Xu ChunMing, Jul 16, 2003

  2. Hi,

    open up the IIS MMC on the target system, open the properties of 'tunnel',
    goto home directory and click create in the application settings/application
    name area. That should help!

    Best regards,

    Marc Höppner
    NeoGeo