Web.config Forms Authentication

Guest

When using forms authentication on my asp web app, I get the following error

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'loginURL'

Source Error:

Line 58: --
Line 59: <authentication mode="Forms" >
Line 60: <forms name="TBG_PDC_Auth" loginURL="Login.aspx" path="/" timeout="30" protection="All"
Line 61: </forms
Line 62: </authentication

Source File: E:\WebApps\PDC\web.config Line: 60

Luckily, my login page is named "Login.aspx", which happens to be the default for the loginURL attribute and I can remove this attribute and it works fine. But why am I getting this error?

Curt_C [MVP]

Perhaps case sensativity.

loginUrl
not
loginURL

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

David said:
When using forms authentication on my asp web app, I get the following error:

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'loginURL'.

Source Error:

Line 58: -->
Line 59: <authentication mode="Forms" >
Line 60: <forms name="TBG_PDC_Auth" loginURL="Login.aspx" path="/"
timeout="30" protection="All" >
Line 61: </forms>
Line 62: </authentication>

Source File: E:\WebApps\PDC\web.config Line: 60

Luckily, my login page is named "Login.aspx", which happens to be the
default for the loginURL attribute and I can remove this attribute and it
works fine. But why am I getting this error?

Curt_C [MVP]

try pathing out the page/path perhaps?
Otherwise, try manually retyping that whole line....
Also, does the name="" need a "." to start with? Just know I've always used
one since the sample had one :}

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
Site: http://www.Darkfalz.com
Blog: http://blog.Darkfalz.com

David said:
No, I've tried all variations of case. It will return the error Parser
Error Message "Unrecognized attribute 'loginurl'" with whichever case I put
in.

Guest

If I remove the </forms> end tag and close the <forms tag with /> it works. Not sure why, but it does. Thanks for your help.

--David

Richard

just remove the loginURL="Login.aspx". Its not needed since it always use
the "login.aspx" file as default anyway.