    "request to another aspx page" vs "web control"?

    Thanks A Lot...

    Ozgur....

    ozgur develioglu, Jul 5, 2003

  2. Thanks for your interest.

    Let me explain it differently:

    We have an ASP.NET web site. When you are surfing inside our site, if
    something wrong happened we lance a Error Message Box at the top of the
    page.

    We can make this simply by calling another asp page as a function: say that
    "LanceErr.aspx?err=ErrorHappened". And we can call this whenever we want to
    lance an error.

    Or we can create a user control like LanceErr.ascx and register it in all
    our pages. When we need to lance an error,we can set the visible property of
    the control "True". And "False" when we dont need it.

    We are guessing which way is effcient??

    Thanks again...

    ozgur develioglu, Jul 7, 2003

  3. Hi Ozgur,

    You don't really need to register a uc on every page. ASP.NET does offer
    good built-in support for handling with the case you're describing. Take a
    look at the <customErrors> element and at the Event error (available in Page
    and Application). With a combination of both you can write some good error
    handling code in your app. Give it a try and feel free to post any problems
    you encounter while doing so.

    --
    Victor Garcia Aprea
    Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET