    "request to another aspx page" vs "web control"?

    Thanks A Lot...

    Ozgur....

    ozgur develioglu, Jul 5, 2003

  2. ozgur develioglu

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    include approach doesn't scale well simple because adding new servers causes
    installation to change. web server controls are a lot more powerful than
    html controls but are also slower to load because of that increased
    functionality.

    Alvin Bruney, Jul 7, 2003

  3. Thanks for your interest.

    Let me explain it differently:

    We have an ASP.NET web site. When you are surfing inside our site, if
    something wrong happened we lance a Error Message Box at the top of the
    page.

    We can make this simply by calling another asp page as a function: say that
    "LanceErr.aspx?err=ErrorHappened". And we can call this whenever we want to
    lance an error.

    Or we can create a user control like LanceErr.ascx and register it in all
    our pages. When we need to lance an error,we can set the visible property of
    the control "True". And "False" when we dont need it.

    We are guessing which way is effcient??

    Thanks again...

    ozgur develioglu, Jul 7, 2003
  4. ozgur develioglu

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    it depends on the amount of resources available on the server and how heavy
    the website is being utilized. either would do if resources aren't a problem
    and server load is moderate.

    Alvin Bruney, Jul 7, 2003