Web Control performance?

ozgur develioglu

Hi,

I need help on web controls. When should I use web control on my page
and when should I use a request to another asp page or a "include" phase?

For example, in front of writing "include"s in my page as a classic
method in ASP, I can use simply a user web control in ASP.NET. But the
question is which one gives more performance and what are the
disadvantages??

Same question for;
"request to another aspx page" vs "web control"?

Thanks A Lot...

Ozgur....

Alvin Bruney

include approach doesn't scale well simple because adding new servers causes
installation to change. web server controls are a lot more powerful than
html controls but are also slower to load because of that increased
functionality.

ozgur develioglu

Thanks for your interest.

Let me explain it differently:

We have an ASP.NET web site. When you are surfing inside our site, if
something wrong happened we lance a Error Message Box at the top of the
page.

We can make this simply by calling another asp page as a function: say that
"LanceErr.aspx?err=ErrorHappened". And we can call this whenever we want to
lance an error.

Or we can create a user control like LanceErr.ascx and register it in all
our pages. When we need to lance an error,we can set the visible property of
the control "True". And "False" when we dont need it.

We are guessing which way is effcient??

Thanks again...

Alvin Bruney

it depends on the amount of resources available on the server and how heavy
the website is being utilized. either would do if resources aren't a problem
and server load is moderate.