Web development with python.

j.paston.cooper

Is Plone analoguous to ASP.NET? Is it a python web developing platform?
I am confused on what Turbogears is aswell because of the lack of
documentation for it.

Diez B. Roggisch

Is Plone analoguous to ASP.NET? Is it a python web developing platform?

No, if anything ZOPE is analogous to ASP.NET. Plone is an CMS (Conetent
Management System) application written on top of ZOPE.
I am confused on what Turbogears is aswell because of the lack of
documentation for it.

TurboGears is also like ASP.NET

Diez

bruno at modulix

Is Plone analoguous to ASP.NET?

Certainly not.
Is it a python web developing platform?

No, it's a CMS. FWIW, it's written in bold on the project's home page:
"""
Plone: A user-friendly and powerful open source Content Management System
"""
(http://www.plone.org)

FWIW, it's based on Zope, which is a Python-based web application server
I am confused on what Turbogears is aswell

A Python web MVC framework.
because of the lack of
documentation for it.

I think there's at least enough informations on the turbogears website
to understand that it's a framework for doing web applications :

"""
TurboGears is the rapid web development megaframework
"""
(http://www.turbogears.org/index.html)

"""
Create great web apps faster