    Hey

    Is Web Parts the asp.net name for Widget?

    Jeff

    Jeff, Nov 16, 2006

  2. When you say "widget", I am not sure what you mean.

    Web parts, in essence, are small web applets in which the majority of the
    code runs server side (at least in most implementations; one could create an
    AJAX web part). You can use them independently (the norm) or hook into the
    framework to have some interaction.

    Are they like Yahoo widgets? Sort of, but Yahoo widgets run in the Yahoo
    widget framework while web parts run in the Microsoft web part framework.
    :)

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Nov 16, 2006