Web User Control and ResponseEncoding

Guest

Hi,

I set the ResponseEncoding="UTF-8" for the aspx page. I created a web user
control ascx page which also needs ResponseEncoding="UTF-8".

I added the following lines of code to the aspx page:
<%@ Register TagPrefix="top" TagName="topmenu" Src="top.ascx" %>
<top:topmenu id="TopMenu" runat="server" enabled=true />

But, ResponseEncoding is not supported by Control page.

And, the text content displays wrongly in control page.

How can I fix the ResponseEncoding problem in Web Control page?

Regards

Scott Allen

I'm sure the Control would have to inherit this setting from the page
it appears on. Are you sure the client (the browser) is configured to
display the content correctly?