web.xml Reference?

Aquila Deus

Hi all!

Where can I find the official definition and reference of web.xml? I
googled and found only the dtd and BEA's docs.

Ad

Ryan Stewart

Aquila Deus said:
Hi all!

Where can I find the official definition and reference of web.xml? I
googled and found only the dtd and BEA's docs.
The DTD *is* the official definition (for version 2.3 and earlier, 2.4 uses a
schema), and it's very thoroughly documented. The links posted by the others
here will take you to the Servlet specs. Prior to 2.4, the deployment descriptor
documentation consists of the DTD. In 2.4, there's a more "user-friendly"
listing. The moral of the story is: for version 2.3 and eariler, read the DTD.

Ad