webclient object and downloading output file from an intranet site

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by buran, Sep 13, 2003.

  1. buran

    buran Guest

    Dear ASP.NET Programmers,

    I have an intranet site (web applicaton) with the login page
    http://burak/database/login.aspx. The site implements cookieless forms
    authentication and validating user credentials stored in a SQL Server
    database. I would like to download a document created by users to the local
    disk of the server (burak) using webclient object and its download method,
    but I don't know to how to authenticate when requesting the desired page
    (for instance http://burak/database/medicalDocs/1.aspx).

    dim wClient as new WebClient()

    wClient.DownloadFile("http://burak/database/medicalDocs/1.aspx",
    "d:\Docs\1.html")