WebLogic Deployment

Doug

hello,

In tomcat, you can change a javascript or JSP file directly in the
webapps directory and you could see the changes in effect without
having to restart Tomcat.
Now I have to use WebLogic 8 in the current environment.
I have tried to locate the deployed directory but I found none similar
to that in Tomcat.
I wonder if it is possible to do the same in WebLogic 8 like what I
did with tomcat?

Thanks and regards,

Doug

usenetuser

hello,

In tomcat, you can change a javascript or JSP file directly in the
webapps directory and you could see the changes in effect without
having to restart Tomcat.
Now I have to use WebLogic 8 in the current environment.
I have tried to locate the deployed directory but I found none similar
to that in Tomcat.
I wonder if it is possible to do the same in WebLogic 8 like what I
did with tomcat?

Thanks and regards,

Doug

With WLS in 'development' mode you can just update the JSP and it
should reflect immediately. In production, you should have a 'stage'
directory under your user_projects/domains tree where you can update
the 'live' JSP -- but that will be overwritten from the source JSP
when you next redeploy.

hvt

With WLS in 'development' mode you can just update the JSP and it
should reflect immediately. In production, you should have a 'stage'
directory under your user_projects/domains tree where you can update
the 'live' JSP -- but that will be overwritten from the source JSP
when you next redeploy.

Also the staging (or deployable) structure of webapp is not same in
Weblogic as it is with tomcat. When you build ear or war file,
Weblogic's build command first make one yourDomain/.workshop folder,
there you can find all compile jsp classes and other compile
components of your application. But this is just build output
directory, from here while deployement it copies the build contents
into some other directory.

Regards