Webserver not running ASP.NET 1.1

darin_dimitrov

I have troubles running ASP.NET applications on my IIS server.
When I try to create an ASP.NET project within Visual Studio.NET 2003 I
get the following error message: "Visual Studion .NET has detected that
the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will
be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services.".

In order to solve this issue I did the following (as suggested in
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306005) without success:

1) %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis -i
This command is supposed to install ASP.NET in IIS if IIS is installed
after VS.NET 2003 which is NOT my case.

2) regsvr32 %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_isapi.dll
This command registers the aspnet_isapi.dll

Remark: On the same machine I successfully run BizTalk server which
requires version 1.1 of the framework.

Do you have any ideas what else could be wrong? I would appreciate
very much your suggestions.

Rutger Smit

[...]

What's running on port 80? Is it the IIS webserver you expect or is
there maybe an other application that caputured port 80?
Skype did 'steal' port 80 once on my home machine.

--

//Rutger

DoDotNet@KICKTHIS_Gmail.com
www.RutgerSmit.com

darin dimitrov

I've noticed that after executing the previous 2 commands, the asp
isapi filter was not added to the ISAPI Filters Tab in the IIS
Management Console. So I added it manually which suppressed the error
message I was getting in Visual Studio and was able to create and
launch ASP.NET applications and web services.

darin dimitrov

Adam,

Have you tried to manually add the asp isapi filter to the ISAPI
Filters Tab in the IIS Management Console?

Guest

darin dimitrov said:
Adam,

Have you tried to manually add the asp isapi filter to the ISAPI
Filters Tab in the IIS Management Console?

Yes. No luck on that. I ended up just accepting the change to 1.0
(even though I don't have that installed). It works okay so far.