website search engine

Brian Quigley

Hi,

i have a website built in asp and access (to be upscaled to SQL server). i
need to put in a website search engine. Anyone got any ideas on an easy to
integrate commercial one ? my worry is that the pages will work with the
search engine. The pages are formed as follows....

<include header.asp>
var page
page = home_page
SELECT * t_content WHERE page = & home_page
print out content
<include footer>

any help would be appreciated.

I already have a copy of 'site search pro gold' and this seems to index my
html websites alright, but doesnt index the asp files, so if anyone knows of
a better search engine i would be happy to hear.

Brian

Dave Anderson

Brian said:
i have a website built in asp and access (to be upscaled to
SQL server). i need to put in a website search engine. Anyone
got any ideas on an easy to integrate commercial one ?

Most search engines allow you to specify additional starting points beyond
your main page. If yours allows this, create a simple ASP script that reads
the database and generates a list of links to the pages you want indexed,
and point your search engine there. It will follow all of the links and
index the content.