    If you can provide any free code that could do this for me, i will always
    have a kind spot in my heart for you

    thank you so much

    Guest, Feb 28, 2005

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    you can record it locally then upload it... but you cant record it directly
    without some sort of component.
    The playback is easy, just point to the file.. the users media preferences
    will take care of it from there.

    Curt_C [MVP], Feb 28, 2005

    Guest Guest

    Are there any free components that could do this for me, because i really
    need the recording directly on the page for ease of use...

    The user needs to quickly be able to pause, continue, play back, rewind,
    fastforward, stop, and save. while still viewing the asp.net page.

    Guest, Feb 28, 2005
  4. All that functionality and you want it for FREE. My goodness. How can
    developers survive like this. LOL!

    Tampa.NET Koder, Feb 28, 2005

    Guest Guest

    Its not all that functionality.. windows media player can be easily embeded
    and that covers the Play, stop, FF, Rew... all i'm missing is the recording..

    I have code that is for VB.Net, which worked with the timer, but i couldn't
    get it to work in asp.net.. there's gotta be something out there?!?!

    Guest, Feb 28, 2005

    Marina Guest

    I don't think you are going to be able to do anything like that without an
    Active X or .NET controls embedded in the asp.net page. Both of these would
    mean the user having to adjust their security settings. And using .NET
    controls would also mean the client having the .NET framework installed.

    If you could just record from someone's microphone with just a browser,
    imagine the security nightmare - you are browing the web, and someone could
    just be recording every sound going into your mic.

    Marina, Feb 28, 2005