Websites with Audio Features?!?!

Guest

Hi all,
I am in desperate need of being able to have the users of my asp.net site to
be able to make a recording from their computer mic, and save that audio on
my server.. the user should be able to play back the recording with fast
forward, rewind, and pause features...

If you can provide any free code that could do this for me, i will always
have a kind spot in my heart for you

thank you so much

Curt_C [MVP]

you can record it locally then upload it... but you cant record it directly
without some sort of component.
The playback is easy, just point to the file.. the users media preferences
will take care of it from there.

Guest

Are there any free components that could do this for me, because i really
need the recording directly on the page for ease of use...

The user needs to quickly be able to pause, continue, play back, rewind,
fastforward, stop, and save. while still viewing the asp.net page.

Curt_C said:
you can record it locally then upload it... but you cant record it directly
without some sort of component.
The playback is easy, just point to the file.. the users media preferences
will take care of it from there.

Tampa.NET Koder

All that functionality and you want it for FREE. My goodness. How can
developers survive like this. LOL!

ACaunter said:
Are there any free components that could do this for me, because i really
need the recording directly on the page for ease of use...

The user needs to quickly be able to pause, continue, play back, rewind,
fastforward, stop, and save. while still viewing the asp.net page.

Guest

Its not all that functionality.. windows media player can be easily embeded
and that covers the Play, stop, FF, Rew... all i'm missing is the recording..

I have code that is for VB.Net, which worked with the timer, but i couldn't
get it to work in asp.net.. there's gotta be something out there?!?!

Marina

I don't think you are going to be able to do anything like that without an
Active X or .NET controls embedded in the asp.net page. Both of these would
mean the user having to adjust their security settings. And using .NET
controls would also mean the client having the .NET framework installed.

If you could just record from someone's microphone with just a browser,
imagine the security nightmare - you are browing the web, and someone could
just be recording every sound going into your mic.