    I would like to develop a webtop on which running desktop-like web
    applications. What do you think is the best technology for this
    purpose? What about GWT?

    carmelo, Dec 10, 2010

  2. carmelo

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    GWT is absolutely a possibility.

    If you want to write Java code, then it may even be the best
    option.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Dec 10, 2010

  3. carmelo

    carmelo Guest

    GWT is absolutely a possibility.
    Thank you for your answer Arne.

    Do you know ExtGWT too?

    I'm thinking about hiring a GWT programmer, could you be interested?
    Please contact me on csaffi [at] tiscali(dot)com

    carmelo, Dec 10, 2010
  4. carmelo

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Arne Vajhøj, Dec 10, 2010
  5. carmelo

    markspace Guest

    What exactly is "webtop"? You mean a web app that acts like a desktop
    app, with JavaScript pop-ups dialogs and such?

    I agree with Arne that Java itself should at least be considered. Is
    there a reason why you think Java wouldn't work but a browser would?
    With all the compatibility issues among different browsers (IE in
    particular), I think I'd rather use Java. You could just embed an
    applet in the web page and use that exclusively.

    markspace, Dec 10, 2010