What am i doing wrong in calling this script? Urgent please. Thank You.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Miguel Dias Moura, Jun 22, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    I just uploaded a web site and i am getting an error.

    I have a script which sends form values to an email using AspNetEmail.
    The script was working when i was calling the script like this:
    <asp:Button ID="Finish" runat="server" OnClick="sendEmail">

    However, in this new web site version, when the button is pressed, to scripts are supose to run.
    So i replaced the button code with this:
    <asp:Button ID="Finish" runat="server" OnClick="btnFinish_Click"

    btnFinish_Click is as follows:
    Sub btnFinish_Click( s As Object, e As EventArgs )
    InsertFormValues.DoInit()
    sendEmail()
    End Sub

    I get the following error:

    "BC30455: Argument not specified for parameter 'e' of 'Private Sub sendEmail(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs)'."

    in this line:

    Line 136: sendEmail()

    So i am calling the script in the wrong way.
    I also tryied to call it just with "sendEmail".

    The script starts with:
    Private Sub sendEmail(sender as Object, e as System.EventArgs)

    I really need to have this done tonight. Can you help me?

    Thank You,
    Miguel

    P.S: Working with ASP.NET / VB

    Miguel Dias Moura, Jun 22, 2004

  2. Miguel Dias Moura

    Ryan Ternier Guest

    Have you tried adding : handles Finish.Click to the end of your function
    definition?

    <asp:Button ID="Finish" runat="server" OnClick="btnFinish_Click"

    btnFinish_Click is as follows:

    Sub btnFinish_Click( s As Object, e As EventArgs ) handles Finish.click
    InsertFormValues.DoInit()
    sendEmail()
    End Sub

    Ryan Ternier, Jun 22, 2004

  3. I added what you told me and now i got this error:
    BC30506: Handles clause requires a WithEvents variable.

    What should i do?

    Thanks,
    Miguel

    Miguel Dias Moura, Jun 22, 2004
  4. Miguel Dias Moura

    Marty U. Guest

    It appears that your sendEmail is expecting the sender and e arguments.
    Depending upon your sendEmail sub/function you may not need these
    arguments or you can pass them to the sendEmail function as such
    sendEmail(s,e), I think haven't tested but hopefully you get the idea.

    Marty U.

    Marty U., Jun 23, 2004
  5. Thanks,

    i just solved it with your sugestion.