What are good books to start learning from scratch

gamerfry

I want to learn C++. I already know a decent amount of web programming
and have tried many books but all of them including the ones that say
beginning or beginners all require expert knowledge or are hard to
understand. What are some good books and software that i will need in
order to learn C++?

lallous

Hello

Try the Deitel and Deitel series, IMHO they are good starters, and are
written in an academic style.

Michiel.Salters

I want to learn C++. I already know a decent amount of web programming
and have tried many books but all of them including the ones that say
beginning or beginners all require expert knowledge or are hard to
understand. What are some good books and software that i will need in
order to learn C++?

Accelerated C++, highly recommended. Not just by me, but also by ACCU.
(www.accu.org - they've got a big archive of book reviews)

HTH,
Michiel Salters

invisal

I agree with lallous, Deitel Series is good book too. I also have it
too. Nice colour book many examples, exercises, and tips. Highly
recommended.

mlimber

Accelerated C++, highly recommended. Not just by me, but also by ACCU.
(www.accu.org - they've got a big archive of book reviews)

HTH,
Michiel Salters

I concur with Michiel. _Accelerated C++_ is *the* best introduction for
doing C++ well, and it starts from the ground up. I think it is much
better than Deitel & Deitel.

Cheers! --M