What deployment setup are production Rails sites using? and pros/cons

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by vasudevram, Aug 15, 2006.

  1. vasudevram

    vasudevram Guest

    Hi,

    Did some Google searching, came across James Duncan Davidson's blog
    posts and some other hits on this topic (Rails deployment). But thought
    of asking here as well.

    What deployment setup are production Rails sites using?
    I mean things like combination of Apache + FCGI / SCGI, or Mongrel,
    etc. And the pros and cons.

    Appreciate hearing any inputs from people who've done this (from both
    the dev and the admin angles) and/or any links.

    Will summarize later after getting some replies.

    Thanks
    Vasudev
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://www.dancingbison.com
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/xtopdf

    vasudevram, Aug 15, 2006

  2. Your question is more suited to the ruby on rails mailing list[1]. Mongrel is
    becoming increasingly popular, SCGI less so and I imagine FCGI too. People
    commonly use Apache or lighttpd with Mongrel, or Pen, Balance, Pound in front
    of it. Check out the Mongrel website [2] for information on plenty of Mongrel
    deployment options.

    Alex

    2. http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/

    A. S. Bradbury, Aug 15, 2006