What deployment setup are production Rails sites using? and pros/cons

vasudevram

Hi,

Did some Google searching, came across James Duncan Davidson's blog
posts and some other hits on this topic (Rails deployment). But thought
of asking here as well.

What deployment setup are production Rails sites using?
I mean things like combination of Apache + FCGI / SCGI, or Mongrel,
etc. And the pros and cons.

Appreciate hearing any inputs from people who've done this (from both
the dev and the admin angles) and/or any links.

Will summarize later after getting some replies.

Thanks
Vasudev
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.dancingbison.com
http://sourceforge.net/projects/xtopdf
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A. S. Bradbury

Hi,

Did some Google searching, came across James Duncan Davidson's blog
posts and some other hits on this topic (Rails deployment). But thought
of asking here as well.

What deployment setup are production Rails sites using?
I mean things like combination of Apache + FCGI / SCGI, or Mongrel,
etc. And the pros and cons.

Your question is more suited to the ruby on rails mailing list[1]. Mongrel is
becoming increasingly popular, SCGI less so and I imagine FCGI too. People
commonly use Apache or lighttpd with Mongrel, or Pen, Balance, Pound in front
of it. Check out the Mongrel website [2] for information on plenty of Mongrel
deployment options.

Alex

2. http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/

Noble71S45