What do you recommend for reports on asp.net

Guest

Hi,

I will design reports for my asp.net application. What do you recommend?
- CrystalReports
- Browser Print
- Any other

Thanks in advance.
______________________________
Åženol Akbulak

Chris Hayes

I like ActiveReports. I've found it to be easier to use than Crystal Reports
as Active Reports is a little more intuitive.

Chris

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Senol said:
Hi,

I will design reports for my asp.net application. What do you
recommend?
- CrystalReports
- Browser Print
- Any other

Thanks in advance.
______________________________
Senol Akbulak

It depends.

For simple retrieve-and-display-data-with some-formatting reports, a simple
browser print should suffice. No need to bring in a third-party tool.

For more complex reports (grouping, subtotals, grand totals, subreports,
etc.), Crystal is very robust, although some (not me) would argue for xslt.

Bob Barrows

WJ

If you are using MS/SQL Server 2000, then SQL Reporting Service will satisfy
you most and it comes bundled (FREE) with SQL Installation CD when you
purchase the license. It will also work inside VS.Net 2003 when you install
the SQL Report client.

John

Adrian Parker

From 2nd week in April, Sybase's datawindow.net will be available for
general purchase... it beats everything else hands down.