What happens to the NOT rendered web control?

Guest

I added a web control into this.Controls. But I did not render it in the
RenderControl.
This control keeps some information that I need when postback. The
interesting is when the page posts back, I can get the information kept in
the control.
How can this happen? The control was not rendered so the information will
not be sent to the client side and will not be post back. So it must be saved
in the server, but I still can get the information even I made the post back
after restart the IIS by iisreset.
What is really happening here?

I am new to the asp.net. Please help.

Thanks

Eason

intrader

I added a web control into this.Controls. But I did not render it in the
RenderControl.
This control keeps some information that I need when postback. The
interesting is when the page posts back, I can get the information kept in
the control.
How can this happen? The control was not rendered so the information will
not be sent to the client side and will not be post back. So it must be saved
in the server, but I still can get the information even I made the post back
after restart the IIS by iisreset.
What is really happening here?

The information about your control went into VieState where it traversed
to the client and back