what is a pseudo code?

saurabh.chakote

Pseudocode is a generic way of describing an algorithm using the
conventions of programming languages, without using language-specific
syntax.

regards
Saurabh Chakote

Roedy Green

Can u please explain me what is a pseudo code?

An outline of a computer program without much detail. It often
sufficient to give to an experienced programmer to turn into code
without any other help.

Joshie Surber

An outline of a computer program without much detail. It often
sufficient to give to an experienced programmer to turn into code
without any other help.

an example would be (note that I am most fluent in PHP and use this,
but it doesn't really matter)

set $file to uploaded file
copy each line into an item in an array
with each line in the array
extract certain info
put the info into a database
etc...

<opinion type="personal" correct="true">
I have found that when you first start working on code, if create the
entire application in pseudo-code before you start working on any real
code, you have multiple benifits.
1. You can see where you can streamline (ie move something into a
function/method)
2. You can get a better idea of how you are going to do something, and
waste less time if you find you cannot.
3. Pseudo-code makes good comment documentation, with a little cleanup.

IMHO every app should begin in pseudo-code.
</opinion>

Joshie Surber