  1. Hi!
    Can u please explain me what is a pseudo code?
    Thanks...

    corejavagroups, Oct 26, 2005

  2. Pseudocode is a generic way of describing an algorithm using the
    conventions of programming languages, without using language-specific
    syntax.

    regards
    Saurabh Chakote

    saurabh.chakote, Oct 26, 2005

  3. corejavagroups

    Roedy Green Guest

    An outline of a computer program without much detail. It often
    sufficient to give to an experienced programmer to turn into code
    without any other help.

    Roedy Green, Oct 26, 2005
  4. An outline of a computer program without much detail. It often
    an example would be (note that I am most fluent in PHP and use this,
    but it doesn't really matter)

    set $file to uploaded file
    copy each line into an item in an array
    with each line in the array
    extract certain info
    put the info into a database
    etc...

    <opinion type="personal" correct="true">
    I have found that when you first start working on code, if create the
    entire application in pseudo-code before you start working on any real
    code, you have multiple benifits.
    1. You can see where you can streamline (ie move something into a
    function/method)
    2. You can get a better idea of how you are going to do something, and
    waste less time if you find you cannot.
    3. Pseudo-code makes good comment documentation, with a little cleanup.

    IMHO every app should begin in pseudo-code.
    </opinion>

    Joshie Surber, Oct 26, 2005