what is framework ? And which is best framework in java ?

Rishipal Singh

hello guys . please describe me in detail what is framework ?
and how it is helpful in developing the software ?

Stefan Ram

You're best adviced to check what definition your lecturer or textbook
uses. "Free" definitions from people who don't know the context of
your course are unlikely to hit the particular points your lecturer is
looking for when grading.

That being said; a framework is a library, whose most
important service is provided by calling methods
(»callbacks«) of its client via an interface
(inversion of control).

In a trivial sense, every programming language has one
framework, that which calls the client's »main« method.
An operating system is a framework for application programs.

So, we use the term »framework«, when there is more than a
single trivial callback for the whole program.

For example, on Android there are several »life-cycle
callbacks« for an activity, and the standard library of
Android thus is a kind of framework.

The framework is similar to the »Context« of the Strategy
Pattern, with the client providing concrete strategies,
or to the abstract class in the Template Method pattern.

Jeff Higgins

hello guys . please describe me in detail what is framework ?
and how it is helpful in developing the software ?
Interesting question.
I like the "key distinguishing features" from the Wikipedia
"Software framework" article to start. The rest of the of
the article pretty much sucks. The first reference from this
article looks like a good place for further exploration.