what is framework ? And which is best framework in java ?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Rishipal Singh, Apr 20, 2014.

  1. hello guys . please describe me in detail what is framework ?
    and how it is helpful in developing the software ?

    Rishipal Singh, Apr 20, 2014

  2. Rishipal Singh

    Stefan Ram Guest

    That being said; a framework is a library, whose most
    important service is provided by calling methods
    (»callbacks«) of its client via an interface
    (inversion of control).

    In a trivial sense, every programming language has one
    framework, that which calls the client's »main« method.
    An operating system is a framework for application programs.

    So, we use the term »framework«, when there is more than a
    single trivial callback for the whole program.

    For example, on Android there are several »life-cycle
    callbacks« for an activity, and the standard library of
    Android thus is a kind of framework.

    The framework is similar to the »Context« of the Strategy
    Pattern, with the client providing concrete strategies,
    or to the abstract class in the Template Method pattern.

    Stefan Ram, Apr 21, 2014

  3. Rishipal Singh

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    Interesting question.
    I like the "key distinguishing features" from the Wikipedia
    "Software framework" article to start. The rest of the of
    the article pretty much sucks. The first reference from this
    article looks like a good place for further exploration.

    Jeff Higgins, Apr 21, 2014
  4. Rishipal Singh

    Jeff Higgins Guest

    Durn. Now I need to read ISO/IEC/IEEE 42010.

    Jeff Higgins, Apr 21, 2014