What is wrong in this java code?

Joined
Aug 11, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Can someone please tell me what is wrong in this java code?

/* The program is intended to start animating text at the click of a button, pause it at another click and resume at the next click. It should continue like this */

import javax.swing.*;
import java.util.*;
import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;

public class TextAnime implements Runnable
{
JFrame frame;
boolean flag;
Thread animeThread;
JLabel label;
String[] textArray;

public TextAnime()
{
flag = false;
animeThread = new Thread(this);

frame = new JFrame("Animate Text");
GridBagLayout gbl = new GridBagLayout();
GridBagConstraints gbc = new GridBagConstraints();
frame.setLayout(gbl);

JButton button = new JButton("Start");
label = new JLabel("Stopped");

textArray = new String[5];
String textArray1[] = {"Programmer", "SportsMan", "Genius", "Friend", "Knowledgable"};
for(int ctr = 0; ctr<5 ; ctr++)
{
textArray[ctr] = textArray1[ctr];
}

gbc.weightx = 1;
gbc.gridx = 0;
gbl.setConstraints(button,gbc);
frame.getContentPane().add(button);

ButList bl = new ButList();
button.addActionListener(bl);

gbc.gridx = 1;
gbl.setConstraints(label,gbc);
frame.getContentPane().add(label);

frame.setSize(200,150);
frame.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.EXIT_ON_CLOS E);
frame.setVisible(true);
}

public class ButList implements ActionListener
{
public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent evt)
{

if(flag == false)
{
flag = true;

animeStart();

}

else
{
flag = false;
//animeStop();

public synchronized void animeStart()
{
animeThread.start();
Thread newThread;
newThread = Thread.currentThread();
newThread.notify();
}

public void animeStop()
{
animeThread.interrupt();
}

public void run()
{
int i = 0;
try
{
while(i == i)
{
if(i==5)
{
i=0;
}

label.setText(textArray);
animeThread.sleep(1000);
i++;

if (flag == false)
{

animeThread.wait();

catch(InterruptedException ie)
{
label.setText("Stopped");

public static void main(String args[])
{
TextAnime ta = new TextAnime();

Please tell me if this can be written in a more simpler manner. Also please correct this code. I am tired after trying many times.