whats the best way to do this?

suzy

hi,

i am 3 xml files containing train timetables, the columns in each xml file
are "departuretime" and "destination". the difference between the 3 files
are they contain train times for 3 different train companies.

i want to display 3 columns (1 for each company), and display (in HTML) the
time each train departs. however, i want to break the times into hours like
following:

1300 Detroit 1300 Texas 1315 New York
1330 New York 1310 Boston 1347 Washington
1350 Las Vegas

1410 Detroit 1400 New York 1450 Las Vegas
1430 New York 1440 Boston 1427 Washington

..... etc

What is the best way to do this. I was thinking I could load the 3 xml
files into a dataset, but I don't know where to go from there with regards
to using a repeater, or xsl transform, or any other way.

WineNCheese

I'd agree with Maxim. Just combine the 3 xml documents into one, possibly
each under a new tag as listed below, and then just use XSL.

<Companies>
<Company name="name1">
<!-- contents of company 1 xml doc go in here -->
</Company>
<Company name="name2">
<!-- contents of company 2 xml doc go in here -->
</Company>
<!-- etc -->
</Companies>

suzy

thanks, the only thing with xsl is that i would have to loop through each
hour, for each company.

because remember i want the times to be broken into hourly times, which
means i cant loop though an entire company in one go, or the layout will go
out of sync.

do you know if there is any way i can use a repeater and pass parameters
into the dataset for each iteration, so i can filter out the records for the
current hour i am looping through?

many thanks again.