where are the Ruby FAQ gone?

Ronald Fischer

Does anyone know where the Ruby FAQs are gone to? The two sites
which had hosted the FAQs until recently,

http://dev.rubycentral.com/faq/rubyfaq.html
http://www.rubygarden.org/faq/

don't seem to work anymore.=20

The former maintainer of the FAQ, Dave Thomas, had explained to me
a couple of weeks ago that he hopes to find a way of hosting and
maintaining the FAQs again some time later in this year, but in=20
the meantime, I think even an unmaintained, old version of the
FAQ would be useful.

Does someone happen to have downloaded a local copy, so we could
publish it somewhere, even if it is an interim solution only?

Ronald
--=20
Ronald Fischer <[email protected]>
Phone: +49-89-452133-162

dblack

Hi --

Does anyone know where the Ruby FAQs are gone to? The two sites
which had hosted the FAQs until recently,

http://dev.rubycentral.com/faq/rubyfaq.html
http://www.rubygarden.org/faq/

don't seem to work anymore.

The former maintainer of the FAQ, Dave Thomas, had explained to me
a couple of weeks ago that he hopes to find a way of hosting and
maintaining the FAQs again some time later in this year, but in
the meantime, I think even an unmaintained, old version of the
FAQ would be useful.

Does someone happen to have downloaded a local copy, so we could
publish it somewhere, even if it is an interim solution only?

The FAQ has been officially hosted at RubyGarden for a couple of
years. There was an old, legacy version still reachable through
rubycentral.com until recently; that domain has now been transferred
to Ruby Central, so it's all consolidated and there should be just one
FAQ.

However... we have been having DNS pains. (Long story, not specific
to the rubycentral.com domain.) Right now you should be able to get
the FAQ at:

http://faq.rubygarden.org
http://www.rubycentral.com/faq

which I thought were the most common ways to get to the new and old
one, respectively (and now they both go to the new one).

I can try to add some aliases but if you use those you should be OK --
please let me know if not.

Thanks --

David

--
* Books:
* Ruby/Rails training

James Edward Gray II

However... we have been having DNS pains. (Long story, not specific
to the rubycentral.com domain.) Right now you should be able to get
the FAQ at:

http://faq.rubygarden.org
http://www.rubycentral.com/faq

which I thought were the most common ways to get to the new and old
one, respectively (and now they both go to the new one).

I can try to add some aliases but if you use those you should be OK --
please let me know if not.

I cannot reach the above links currently.

James Edward Gray II

James Edward Gray II

Hi --

I think Chad just (in the past 1/2-hour) did some DNS fixing. See if
they work now.

Not yet, but I'll give the change some time to trickle down and try
back...

James Edward Gray II

P.S. This issue arose due to links on the Ruby home page we are
trying to fix.