Where (in web) locate java app using sockets?

Czterysta Czwarty

Hi!

I'm building java application (server & client) using sockets for my
thesis. I want to locate my server on some host. First thing was
Google AppEgine (big table, many ready classes), but it not allow to
open sockets (only http and https to communication).

Do you know some free or "free to start" places to host my app? I need
exterior IP, possibility to open sockets and java JVM of course :)

grasp06110

Hi!

I'm building java application (server & client) using sockets for my
thesis. I want to locate my server on some host. First thing was
Google AppEgine (big table, many ready classes), but it not allow to
open sockets (only http and https to communication).

Do you know some free or "free to start" places to host my app? I need
exterior IP, possibility to open sockets and java JVM of course :)

Don't know about the free part but you might want to look into hosting
it yourself. I'm paying about $80/month for dsl with a static ip
address. Once you get the static ip you can host it you self.

Have you asked folks at the school where you're doing the project
(remembering that if one person says no, someone else might be a yes
-- your prof, network admin people, any email address you can find
that might be remotely related, a prof from an other class).

John

Czterysta Czwarty

Don't know about the free part but you might want to look into hosting
it yourself.  I'm paying about $80/month for dsl with a static ip
address.  Once you get the static ip you can host it you self.

Have you asked folks at the school where you're doing the project
(remembering that if one person says no, someone else might be a yes
-- your prof, network admin people, any email address you can find
that might be remotely related, a prof from an other class).

John

I'm asking asking about services similar to AppEngine or something
like that.

Daniel Pitts

I'm asking asking about services similar to AppEngine or something
like that.
Refactor your project to use HTTP instead of socket communication.
Problem solved.