Where is RegisterClientScriptBlock?? RegisterScripts etc.

MS News

Hello,

Where can I find
RegisterClientScriptBlock()

Page class does not have it. Do I have to Import or add some special
reference??

what about RegisterScript which I can see but can not do anything with it

It won't take any arguments

I am using Framework 1.1 VS2003 etc..

What Am I missing

Thanks in advance.

MS News

But It does not show.
I am using VB.NET for this Project
when I type Page.RegisterClientScript it just does not show up in
intellisence
I have heard that VB.NET does not list all possible available members of a
class
What is the Trick to list all members until you use it at least once. ( IDE
editor performance reasons ??? )
Can anyone help

Thanks

Bill Priess

Oops, forgot you were using VB...

Page.RegisterStartupScript(ByVal key as String, ByVal script as String)

Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock(ByVal key as String, ByVal script as String)

Bill P.

MS News

On the same machine and same amount of RAM
In C# everything shows up
In VB.net It does NOT Why????

VB Sucks??
Does anyone from Microsoft care to comment on this one??

I already have the latest Framework 1.1 and the Latest VS.NET 2003
Directly form Microsoft

There is a key combination that forces VB.NET to show everything
But I just can't find it

Any help form Microsoft is appreciated. Some INETA People know it??

Bill Priess

Hey, I thought that whole thread about VB vs C# made it clear that VB
doesn't suck? ;)

From MSDN:

ms-
help://MS.MSDNQTR.2003APR.1033/vsintro7/html/vcovrWhenIntelliSenseIsUnavailable.htm

Might help... dunno...

MS News \(MS LVP\)

Bill

How do I access this:
help://MS.MSDNQTR.2003APR.1033/vsintro7/html/vcovrWhenIntelliSenseIsUnavaila
ble.htm

I been cursed. to work on a VB.NET Project

C# Rules the Earthlings Universe

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

There's a foolish setting in VS.NET that hides "Advanced" members like
RegisterClient*.

You can switch it off at Tools > Options > Text Editor > Basic > General and
then uncheck Hide advanced members.

Ken
MVP [ASP.NET]

On the same machine and same amount of RAM
In C# everything shows up
In VB.net It does NOT Why????

VB Sucks??
Does anyone from Microsoft care to comment on this one??

I already have the latest Framework 1.1 and the Latest VS.NET 2003
Directly form Microsoft

There is a key combination that forces VB.NET to show everything
But I just can't find it

Any help form Microsoft is appreciated. Some INETA People know it??

MS News \(MS LVP\)

Yes It was checked but Grayed out
I uncheked it, then I went to VB specifically and made sure it is unchecked
It is Okay now
But when I go back it is still checked but grayed out
I guess the best thing is to check specifically for each .NET language

Thanks for your effort

Ken Cox said:
There's a foolish setting in VS.NET that hides "Advanced" members like
RegisterClient*.

You can switch it off at Tools > Options > Text Editor > Basic > General and
then uncheck Hide advanced members.

Ken
MVP [ASP.NET]

On the same machine and same amount of RAM
In C# everything shows up
In VB.net It does NOT Why????

VB Sucks??
Does anyone from Microsoft care to comment on this one??

I already have the latest Framework 1.1 and the Latest VS.NET 2003
Directly form Microsoft

There is a key combination that forces VB.NET to show everything
But I just can't find it

Any help form Microsoft is appreciated. Some INETA People know it??

Kevin Spencer said:
I can't tell you why it doesn't show up. Maybe your system is low on memory
or something. But I CAN tell you that it is a member of the Page class.
Check the .Net SDK (it's a free download):
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A6-3647-4070-9F41-A333C6B9181D&displaylang=en
--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer