Where to get Javascript 1.2 Client-side guide?

Richard Cornford

Bruce W.1 said:
Does anyone know where I can get the Javascript 1.2
Client-side Guide?
DevEdge cuts off at 1.3:
http://devedge.netscape.com/central/javascript/

1.2 is what most scripters still use right?

No, 1.2 is the language version that should be avoided as it included
changes in type conversion rules that were never adopted by ECMA and
reverted in version 1.3. As a result specifying version 1.2 will
sometimes give you an environment that implements 1.2 (and its oddities)
and sometimes won't (thus unpredictable unreliability).

With the exception of people who don't know any better (possibly the
majority of people who include scripts in web pages and/or publish
them), script authors will not normally specify a language version (the
language attribute of script tags has been deprecated in favour of
type="text/javascript"). It is normal to rely on most of the features of
JavaScript 1.3 being available (as implemented in Netscape 4.1+) while
being aware that early JScript versions do not implement some functions
and methods.

Richard.