Which Codepage and Charset i should used?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Benny Ng, Jun 17, 2004.

  1. Benny Ng

    Benny Ng Guest

    The SQL designation of the project has finished.
    now the system needs to support 3 languages. (English,Simpfilied
    Chinese,Traditional Chinese)
    and now returns to web page .

    if we needs the system to support that 3 languages smoothly.

    should i set the CODEPAGE and CHARSET in web pages?
    or it's only need to set in OLD asp projects. ASP.NET needn't?

    and if only for ASP project(Not ASP.NET), i need to set the following?

    codepage = 1252
    charset=ISO-8859-1

    set Codepage and Charset to support UNICODE.

    Thx.

    Benny Ng, Jun 17, 2004