Which one is best Python or Java for developing GUI applications?

Leon

I think there are two advantages over java for GUI application

First, python is more productive and has very rich third modules
support,
you can check the demo of wxPython.

Second, you can develop native-looking GUI

BTW: I'm developing GUI application using python and wxPython.

Second,

srinivasan srinivas

David Cook

Could you tell me does Python have any advantages over Java for the
development of GUI applications?

You don't have to choose between them. You can program Swing applications
in Jython. And Jython is just a jar that you can bundle in another jar for
distribution just like any other Java jar. You will have to understand Java
code to learn Swing, though. I suggest also looking into the
Swing Application Framework and Netbeans.

However, I would look at PyQt first (if the license requirements are OK).
PyQT is well thought out, consistent, and featureful. And then maybe try
wxPython if you need a more liberal license. wxPython is clunky and
inconsistent, but gets the job done.

Dave Cook