Which one is the correct one.... ?

Jonathan Smith

var myObj = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");

var myObj = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");

If my development environment is ASP.Net/VB/Net/.NetFramework 1.1/IE 5+
Which of the above statement I should use?

Thanks,

Jonathan Smith

Lucas Tam

var myObj = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP");

var myObj = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");

If my development environment is ASP.Net/VB/Net/.NetFramework 1.1/IE 5+
Which of the above statement I should use?

Is this for VBScript? Or for XML Parsing?

If it's XML Parsing, you can use the built in System.Text.XML Classes.

Lau Lei Cheong

If I see those name, I'll bet on the Microsoft.XMLHTTP as XML2.0 is rather
old. The current version should be XML4.0.

By Googling I found this list:
http://www.paypaldev.org/post.asp?REPLY_ID=17062&TOPIC_ID=765&method=ReplyQuote

----
Here are a couple of standard issue M$ XML Parsers from oldest to newest
(not counting 4 of course)

Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")
Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.ServerXMLHTTP")
Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.XMLHTTP.3.0")

Daniel Hammerberg
Webmaster
PenniesOnTheDollar.com