Whidbey(v2.0.31113) OracleClient/SqlDataSource parameter binding

Andrew

I've :
<asp:sqldatasource runat="server"
id="sql"
providername="System.Data.OracleClient"
datasourcemode="DataReader"
connectionstring="..."
selectcommand="..."
deletecommand="delete from tbl where id=:id"/>

<asp:gridview runat="server"
datasourceid="sql"
datakeynames="id"
autogeneratedeletebutton="true"/>

click on delete button throws oracle exception :
ORA-01036 illegal variable name/number

Cause: Unable to find bind context on user side.

Action: Make sure that the variable being bound is in the SQL statement.

What it means?I've declared parameter as ":id" in sql and described
datakeynames as "id"...
How I can turn on tracing for ADO/parameter binding for GridView,if it
available?
Thanks.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Please note that Whidbey is still in alpha. I am not sure which build you
are using right now. The early alphas, including the PDC "semi-public" alpha
did not allow Oracle connection at all. I have yet to install the Tech
Preview, so I am not certain how far they have gotten (if you are using the
Tech Preview). In earlier builds, however, there was an access
<asp:datasource, as well as one for SQL Server. That was all.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Matt Hawley

I would suggest using the private newsgroups for this. Check out my blog post: http://weblogs.asp.net/mhawley/archive/2004/03/29/101420.aspx for the information.

Matt Hawley, MCAD .NET http://www.eworldui.net Please note that Whidbey is still in alpha. I am not sure which build you
are using right now. The early alphas, including the PDC "semi-public" alpha
did not allow Oracle connection at all. I have yet to install the Tech
Preview, so I am not certain how far they have gotten (if you are using the
Tech Preview). In earlier builds, however, there was an access
<asp:datasource, as well as one for SQL Server. That was all.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think Outside the Box!

Andrew

OracleClient by itself is perfectly works (version is v2.0.31113- PD2
redistributable for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003)
but parameter binding for asp:SqlDataSource not and OleDbProvider+Oracle
has some problems with "out" parameters.