Win32 APIs in ASP.NET application

Guest

Hello,

I inherited a project from another team. They’re using Win32 APIs for some tasks, even though there’re equivalent .NET namespaces for the same functionality. Is it a good idea to use Win API? Is it a performance issue? Any other issues with that?

Thanks

Kevin Spencer

IMHO, it is generally better to use the managed .Net classes. For one thing
API calls are unmanaged. There are some situations in which performance
might be improved significantly, but not many that I can think of.

--
IMO,
Kevin Spencer