Windows Authentication using ASP

Adam

I am coding a web page to put information into a database. The main feature
I am looking to do is authenticate the webpage using the windows user name
and password, I then want the user name to be entered into the database. Can
anyone help me with this? I have an access database linked into a webpage
and it is able to enter data.

I am using ASP, windows 2000/XP and Microsoft Access

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

If you turn off anonymous access in your IIS settings for the site, folder,
or file (depending on if you want your users authenticated throughout the
whole site, just in an area, or just on one page), the logon info will be
available in Request.ServerVariables("AUTH_USER").

For storing data in a database, you'd use an ADO connection and execute an
INSERT non-query.

Ray at work