Workaround for GetThumbnailImage Problem?

Comcast

I understand that one of the limitations of the Image.GetThumbnailImage()
function is that it's not really good for creating "large" thumbnails
because if it exists in the image file, the function will take the embedded
thumbnail and actually blow it up to the requested height/width.

Does anyone know if Microsoft will be fixing this "feature" or whether
there's a work around to force the function to use the full image to scale?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Comcast

Actually, I just figured out a kludgy workaround .....

Use the Image.Save function to save the loaded jpg image to a temporary
filename, then use LoadFromFile to "reload" that temporary file which won't
be saved with a thumbnail image and then pass that image variable into the
GetThumbnailImage function which will cause the full size image to be
utilized for generating the thumbnail.

Pretty Kludgy, but this seems to work ....