Workflow/Rules Engine in Ruby?

Saimon Moore

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any workflow/rule engines implemented in Ruby?

Thanks,

Saimon

Lyndon Samson

------=_Part_16483_2408324.1133440976478

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any workflow/rule engines implemented in Ruby?

Somebody released a state machine compiler that generates Ruby recently.

------=_Part_16483_2408324.1133440976478--

TeslaOMD

It's not so much workflow, but if you're looking for something that
deals with Rules/Expert Systems I remember coming accross a few you
could either port or create C-binding that use the Rete algorithm.

I would suggest seeing if you can find a C/C++ implementation and
creating Ruby bindings.

Saimon Moore

zoso said:
State Machine Compiler? http://smc.sourceforge.net/

Written in Java, I think, but generates Ruby (it's a compiler, so
the
result doesn't depend on Java or anything)...

Yes, I 'm having a good look at smc. It might just fit the bill but I
need to investigate it a bit deeper.

I think I might need to be able to modify it on the fly, in which case
smc may not be applicable.

Thanks,

Saimon