working with dynamically generated PDF with Win Mobile browser

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by David C, Jun 12, 2008.

  1. David C

    David C Guest

    Hi,

    I have a page that dynamically generates a PDF file using
    ActiveReports.

    The code that does it looks like this.

    m_stream.Position = 0; //this is memory stream
    Response.ContentType = "application/pdf";
    Response.BinaryWrite(m_stream.ToArray());
    Response.End();

    Of course this is only a part of the code, but the point is, I am
    using the Response object to make this happen.

    This works beautifully with the desktop browser. The Acrobat reader
    launches, and I see the PDF file inside the browser. But not so with
    Win Mobile 6.0 IE.

    * The PDFViewer does not launch

    * It asks me if I want to save

    * So I say yes. It saves with the .ASPX extension!

    * And it does not let me change the extension. I am stuck with the
    ASPX extension, and there is no tool in WinMobile 6.0 that I know of
    that would allow me to do that.

    Thanks in advance.

    David C, Jun 12, 2008