would you please share your experience in ASP.NET printing

Edward

Hello, everyone,

My application needs some print functions , such as Print Invoice, Print
Query Results, or Print Charts.

I'm sure most of you must have the experience, would you please do me a
favor, what's the best way ?

Thanks.

Edward

Lucas Tam

I'm sure most of you must have the experience, would you please do me a
favor, what's the best way ?

Crystal Reports work very well. Crystal is included in VS.NET.

The only drawback to crystal is that it's limited to 21,000 rows of
information. A work around is to do all your calculations/summations in SQL
and return a nicely formatted dataset to Crystal.

Kevin Spencer

Hi Edward,

Assuming you're talking about printing on the client side, your only options
are those made available by the browser, such as using the JavaScript
window.print() command. As you have little or no control over printing from
a browser, typically, special pages are created for printing. You can also
use CSS to change the style when printing.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer