write data to Sram and then read to PC

sarah

Hi,

I have a problem when implementing the project in VHDL with Altera
Apex20ke.

I nned to write data first to Sram. After finishing writing, read data
to PC through UART. SRAM is asychronous sram. I assigned pins
according to the datasheet. And UART works well. The problem is the
clock difference in writing and reading. the writing clock is 10mhz.
And reading clock is just uart-clock , much slower than 10mhz.

Does anybody have freeIP for writing data to SRam and then reading
them to PC?

Thank you.

Sarah

Jan Panteltje

Hi,

I have a problem when implementing the project in VHDL with Altera
Apex20ke.

I nned to write data first to Sram. After finishing writing, read data
to PC through UART. SRAM is asychronous sram. I assigned pins
according to the datasheet. And UART works well. The problem is the
clock difference in writing and reading. the writing clock is 10mhz.
And reading clock is just uart-clock , much slower than 10mhz.

Does anybody have freeIP for writing data to SRam and then reading
them to PC?

Thank you.

Sarah
Multiplexers in address and data lines of the SRAM.
Connect SRAM to circuit 1 and write.
Connect SRAM to circuit 2 and read.
?