WSE 2.0TP using raw sockets

Eugene Bilenko

I am creating a windows application using C# and WSE 2.0
preview. The application registers a soap receiver and
waits for incoming messages on a TCP port (just like in
the TcpAsyncStockService sample included with the WSE 2.0
download). It works perfectly fine when the user has admin
rights to the computer. If it's a non-admin user, the
following exception is thrown:

"An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden
by its access permissions."

I have found a description for this error at
us;195445

It's referring to using raw sockets that is prohibited for
non-admin users and there is no workaround for the problem
in Windows 2000.

Is there anything that can be changed in WSE configuration
and/or program code to allow receiving SOAP messages using
TCP by non-admin users?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.