wxPython: ansi or unicode?

monkey

Hi all, which should be install? Really confused @@...
Is that mean unicode version used for programming in language other than
English?

Robert Kern

monkey said:
Hi all, which should be install? Really confused @@...
Unicode.

Is that mean unicode version used for programming in language other than
English?

No. The Unicode version allows the underlying wxWidgets GUI toolkit to
use Unicode text. You want this.

On certain platforms, older versions of the unicode version of wxPython
were somewhat unstable. I believe this has been largely resolved, and
the ANSI versions will be going away.

I may have some details wrong. If you want an authoritative answer, ask
on the wxPython lists.

--
Robert Kern
(e-mail address removed)