[wxPython] Managing Skin engines

Gabriele Farina

Hi guys,

can someone ask me how can I manage something like Windows-media-player
skins engine using wxPython??

Do I have to build soething like a small gui engine using Canvas or there
are other ways??

There is a way to apply font or bg style to all the widgets??

bye

Michel Claveau/Hamster

Hi

The WMP's skins are in XML. It's perhaps more easy to look in XML side ?

Michel Claveau.

Gabriele Farina

The WMP's skins are in XML. It's perhaps more easy to look in XML side ?

Ok, but hiow they can be displayed using wxPython??
I don't think I can use only XUL to manage something like that ...

email9898989

Gabriele Farina said:
Hi guys,

can someone ask me how can I manage something like Windows-media-player
skins engine using wxPython??

Do I have to build soething like a small gui engine using Canvas or there
are other ways??

There is a way to apply font or bg style to all the widgets??

wxPython doesn't have a built-in support for skinnable controls, it
mainly displays native controls. You can customize the appearance of
all native controls using desktop themes, of course, but you just want
themes for your one app.

If your entire app is to be skinnable, you might look into lightweight
gui toolkits like pyui.

Otherwise you can just do it yourself using only custom canvas-based
controls like you said (subclass wxWindow or wxPanel).

But see RBskinning here: http://www.runeblade.com/foundation/
I haven't looked at it myself but it says it is for skinning and works
with wxpython.