wxPython problem

SMALLp

Hy. I'm new in linux (Ubuntu 7.10) as well as in python. I installed
IDLE, and i installed package python-wxgtkX. I start IDLE and when i
want co compile my aplication all windows close. Also when i vrite
smoethin lik thile in IDLE:

import wx
app = wx.App()
wx.Frmae(none, -1)

same thing, Please help! Thanks!

kyosohma

Hy. I'm new in linux (Ubuntu 7.10) as well as in python. I installed
IDLE, and i installed package python-wxgtkX. I start IDLE and when i
want co compile my aplication all windows close. Also when i vrite
smoethin lik thile in IDLE:

import wx
app = wx.App()
wx.Frmae(none, -1)

same thing, Please help! Thanks!

I'm not sure, but I don't think you downloaded the package correctly.
Go here for complete instructions:

http://wxpython.org/download.php

I think you need to replace the "X" in "python-wxgtkX" with the
release number. Something like "python-wxgtk2.8" or some such.

Then try to import wx and see if that works.

If none of that works, post to the wxPython user's group which can be
found at the link above.

Mike

SMALLp

I'm not sure, but I don't think you downloaded the package correctly.
Go here for complete instructions:

http://wxpython.org/download.php

I think you need to replace the "X" in "python-wxgtkX" with the
release number. Something like "python-wxgtk2.8" or some such.

Then try to import wx and see if that works.

If none of that works, post to the wxPython user's group which can be
found at the link above.

Mike
Ups. i installed python-wxgtk2.8 package!

SMALLp

SMALLp said:
Ups. i installed python-wxgtk2.8 package!

I'm still having the problem! i installed new version of wxPyton, and
now I'v noticed that when i'm writing in IDLE
app = wx.App()
frame = wx.Frame(None, -1, 'My frame') it crashes when writing last
bracket. It works
with PyShell so if no one can halp sugest goot alternative to IDLE.

Dennis Lee Bieber

I'm still having the problem! i installed new version of wxPyton, and
now I'v noticed that when i'm writing in IDLE
app = wx.App()
frame = wx.Frame(None, -1, 'My frame') it crashes when writing last
bracket. It works
with PyShell so if no one can halp sugest goot alternative to IDLE.

Remember -- IDLE is running a Tkinter/TK based event loop... So
trying to start a wx-based event loop from inside of IDLE will be a
problem. You can edit from an IDLE window, but you should run the script
from a command line after saving it in IDLE.

PyShell is running a wx event loop, so your tests are just adding
additional frames/windows/etc. to an existing loop.
--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber KD6MOG
HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/