wxpython problems using GLCanvas

nelson

Hi,
i'm coding a 3d interactive geometry progam and i want to use opengl
for displaying ogbjects. I can open a opengl canvas (i follow the
wxpython demo) and i can draw a cube. First time i execute the
application all is ok. second time it freezes X and i can't interact
with my machine. I hava only to press power button...... what will
cause it? the code i use is exactly the code of the demo....

If using openGL is so difficult to do together with wxpython, what
toolkit can i use do do 3d graphics? Simple graphics, i have to plot
point, lines, sphere, surfaces and their intersections...

thanks,
nelson

Will McGugan

nelson said:
Hi,
i'm coding a 3d interactive geometry progam and i want to use opengl
for displaying ogbjects. I can open a opengl canvas (i follow the
wxpython demo) and i can draw a cube. First time i execute the
application all is ok. second time it freezes X and i can't interact
with my machine. I hava only to press power button...... what will
cause it? the code i use is exactly the code of the demo....

If using openGL is so difficult to do together with wxpython, what
toolkit can i use do do 3d graphics? Simple graphics, i have to plot
point, lines, sphere, surfaces and their intersections...

OpenGL works rather well with wxPython. If it hangs your entire machine
it can only be driver issues. Try downloading the latest video drivers
and I suspect this problem will magically disapear!

Will McGugan