[wxPython-users] Web based applications are possible with wxPython?

Ruben Charles

Hi,

I am reading some essays --http://www.paulgraham.com/avg.html "Beating
the averages"-- and i am very interested in the web-based
applications.

I want to take the advantages having the application on a server. Is
easy to update, maintain, etc...

My questions is

Can i have a wxPython GUI app available on a web browser?

I founded some doc on the www but the most refers to GUI wrote in
java script and tool kits relates with java. Some java script samples
are interesting but is not what i am looking for.

There is a way for having wxpython frames, dialogs etc on a web browser?

If not, can you suggest me any kind oh method for have something similar?

Thanks.

Brett Hoerner

I don't think this is possible, unless I am grossly misunderstanding.

For the web, pretty much every "UI" is build with some variation of
HTML (XHTML is the new standard) with JavaScript thrown in for fancy
GUI-like interfaces.

You can't use OS-native widgets in the web browser, no.

Eli Criffield

not quite but close, NX is a compression protical for the X protical,
so its a lot more like a java X client then a java VNC client.

Eli

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_Str=F6der?=

HI!

Shameless plug:
I'm looking for the opposite way. I'd like to run a web application
within a pseudo-browser in wxPython without the need to start a web
server. Is that possible with a thin wrapper?

Ciao, Michael.