xlink and xpointer

Robert Jones

Is there a browser or even just a parser that fully supports
and implements xlink and xpointer?

Bjoern Hoehrmann

* Robert Jones wrote in comp.text.xml:
Is there a browser or even just a parser that fully supports
and implements xlink and xpointer?

What would that mean, exactly? The common web browsers have very little
to no support for either, and support for XLink on the parser level is
not very meaningful. There are some toolkits that support parts of the
XPointer drafts and specifications, but nothing complete that I know of.

Robert Jones

Bjoern said:
* Robert Jones wrote in comp.text.xml:

What would that mean, exactly? The common web browsers have very little
to no support for either, and support for XLink on the parser level is
not very meaningful. There are some toolkits that support parts of the
XPointer drafts and specifications, but nothing complete that I know of.

What I meant is is there any way for me to make full use of xlink and
xpointer without having to try and write a plugin or extension to existing
browsers to do so.

Joe Kesselman

Robert said:
Is there a browser or even just a parser that fully supports
and implements xlink and xpointer?

Possible workaround: You can implement those, more or less, in an XSLT
stylesheet; XSLT suppor tin browsers is slowly becoming more common....

Or, if you're working directly with a parser, it isn't hard to implement
these yourself in the application code.