xls to html

a.der Kinderen

How can I use an excell file in html. So when the excell file changes it
will automaticly change the webpage it is linked to?
Adri

Jukka K. Korpela

a.der Kinderen said:
How can I use an excell file in html.

For example, using File > "Save as Web page" on Excel _and_ then
cleaning up the horrendous monstrosity of indigestible contaminated tag
soup that it vomits. For the cleanup, use HTML-Kit.
So when the excell file
changes it will automaticly change the webpage it is linked to?

Sorry, no feasible way. Theoretically possible as it might be, there
are no effective tools for that. Teach the people who edit the Excel
file to save a copy of it as TSV (Tab Separated Values) and upload it
onto a Web server. It won't be pretty, but at least it will be readable
without proprietary software. More info on the TSV approach:
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/TSV.html

blib

So when the excell file
Sorry, no feasible way. Theoretically possible as it might be, there
are no effective tools for that. Teach the people who edit the Excel
file to save a copy of it as TSV (Tab Separated Values) and upload it
onto a Web server. It won't be pretty, but at least it will be readable
without proprietary software. More info on the TSV approach:

If you are using IIS and ASP/Coldfusion or the like, you can set up a
worksheet as a DSN.

Thomas