Xml-documentation file cannot be copied into run directory

Hans Kesting

When building a .Net solution I frequently get warnings like the following:

The file '<bin-path>\ProjectA.xml' cannot be copied to the run directory.
Access is denied.

This message occurs when compiling 'ProjectB', which has a reference to
'ProjectA'. When I investigate the existing ProjectA.xml file in the
bin-directory
of ProjectB, the security-tab is missing from the properties window. There
seems to be nothing wrong with the ProjectA version.
Also, when I close Visual Studio this xml file disappears!

This problem seems to be a bit different from the often-reported
access-errors on dll's, at least I have never seen the security-tab issue
reported.

Anyone any idea if this can be fixed? It is annoying.

Running: Visual Studio.Net 2003 on XP Professional.

Hans Kesting