XML error in Web.config Error (Forms Authentication)

Guest

I'm trying to set u forms mode authentiaction on a sub-directory.

The web.config for the overall site is set to <authentication mode="None" />

In the sub-directory I have a very simple web.conig, but it gives me an
error when IIS tries to process it:
" '<', hexadecimal value 0x3C, is an invalid attribute character. Line 11,
position 5."
Line 9: <authorization>
Line 10: <deny users='?"/>
Line 11: </authorization>
Line 12: </system.web>
Line 13: </configuration>

The complete web.config is as follows:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<system.web>
<authentication mode="Forms" >
<forms
loginurl = "../login/login.aspx"
name = ".SCIauth"/>
</authentication>
<authorization>
<deny users='?"/>
</authorization>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Guest

Look at line 10 for a second::
<deny users='?"/>

Single quote and double quote in same attribute. change to
<deny users="?"/>
and it should parse fine.

---

Gregory A. Beamer